Get a real “taste” of Anchorage on Thursday night by signing up for at the registration table for our no-host Dinner-on-the-Town event.
Alaska Professional Communicators has picked seven of Anchorage’s best restaurants, each of which is holding reservations for up to 10 NFPW attendees and guests. Sign up when you register at the conference. Then meet your APC escort at the Alcove registration at the designated time to walk to dinner. One restaurant is in the hotel; others are a short walking distance, so most of the groups will depart 6:40 – 6:45 p.m.
See the restaurants links below for menu information. Sign up early to get your choice of restaurant and help APC know if we will need all 10 reservations at each restaurant.
- Fat Ptarmigan — Artisanal, wood-fired, hand-made pizza, set in an inviting, rustic environment with an emphasis on fresh ingredients, local draft beers and excellent service. (4 blocks) **** $$ (One of the top 10 best restaurants in Anchorage.)
- Ginger — Pan–Asian Cuisine. Great food. Excellent service. Warm ambiance. These elements are how many of our guests would describe Ginger. We created a restaurant that expresses our faith and values in extending genuine hospitality to all and food sure to please all tastes. We take classics and new cuisine of the Pacific Rim and put a modern twist on the flavors. (4½ blocks) **** $$ (One of the top 10 best restaurants in Anchorage.)
- Glacier BrewHouse — You will know the moment you walk in that this is not your typical brew pub. The scent of the alder wood grill and wood fired oven, the energy of the sparking exhibition cooking line and the glow of the brewery delight your senses. The BrewHouse features rotisserie grilled meats, the freshest Alaskan seafood, brick oven pizza and award winning hand crafted ales. (2 blocks) **** $$ (One of the top 10 restaurants in Anchorage.)
- Haute Quarter Grill — Contemporary American cuisine in a casual relaxed atmosphere where locals come to enjoy innovative and fun food. Chef Alex uses fresh seasonal Alaska grown ingredients to create unique dishes sure to please any palate. We offer a full bar, a great wine list and nightly innovative additions to our menu. (4-1/2 blocks) **** $$ (One of the top 10 best restaurants in Anchorage.)
- Orso — Alaskan, warm, inviting, innovative, a menu full of surprises, unbelievable wine list, great cocktails, are common phrases used by our guests to describe Orso. We feature the freshest ingredients available, Alaskan whenever possible- fresh Alaskan seafood, fresh local pasta, and local produce when in season. We prepare them with the simple, rustic flavors and techniques of the great culinary regions of the Mediterranean. Orso’s outstanding service, bold menu, classic cocktails combined with a wine list that has received the “award of excellence” from the Wine Spectator for five years is why ORSO is the “Place to be” for Anchorage dinning. (1½ blocks) **** $$$ (One of the top 10 best restaurants in Anchorage.)
- Simon & Seafort’s — We could tell you that your favorite part about dining with us will be our panoramic views of Mt. Susitna and the Alaska range, or the freshest wild Alaskan seafood in town, or our uncompromising quality of service; but we’ll let you decide. (2 blocks) **** $$$ (One of the top 10 best restaurants in Anchorage.)
- Whale’s Tail Bistro and Wine Bar — If you love wine and fun appetizers, or don’t want to walk far, this is the one for you. Located in the Captain Cook, its radically new, innovative, the very definition of revolutionary. 32 wines to choose from in a way you have never experienced wine before. Discover Alaska’s first self-serve wine dispensing system. Cozy up to the fire with friends, or swing by the bar for Kobe beef sliders and a martini. (in hotel) $$