What is the Alaska Professional Communicators (APC) Communications Contest?
For more than 30 years our Alaska affiliate of NFPW has offered members a contest in many categories of communications, including:
- print journalism
- public relations
- writing for the web
- literary (books, magazines, poetry)
- educational pursuits
Who can enter?
The contest is open to both members and nonmembers of APC.
When is the deadline?
You may submit all entries at one time or at various times from now until the contest ends.
- Deadline for entries, including eligible hard-copy entries: February 6, 2018. Entries submitted before midnight January 23, 2018, will receive a $25 early-bird discount.
How do I enter?
The 2018 contest is being conducted electronically. Go to the NFPW Contest website:
- Set up a username and password the first time you access the site.
- Select Alaska from the Entrant State Affiliate drop-down box (the second field on the entrant registration form)
- Read through and follow the posted directions on the website
What is the cost?
Members: $25.00 for the first entry; $15.00 for each additional entry ($25 additional fee after Jan. 23)
Nonmembers: $30 for the first entry and $20.00 for each additional entry ($25 additional fee after Jan. 23)
How are the winners recognized?
Alaska Professional Communicators provides award certificates to the first, second, third, and honorable mention recipients at the spring awards luncheon.
Eligible first-place winners are entered into the NFPW national competition. Entrants must be members of APC/NFPW to be forwarded to the national NFPW contest. Nonmembers who win first place in the Alaska contest may join APC/NFPW in order to have their entry(ies) be submitted to the national competition. The entry fee for NFPW is paid by APC.
Who should I contact if I have questions?
Questions: Diane Walters
Where can I find out who won previous Communications Contests?
Diane Walters, Coordinator